View current Positions Vacant in early childhood education and care services from across the sector.
CCSA members can lodge a Positions Vacant Advertisement free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be signed in as a member to place your ad. Advertise
Parkes Early Childhood Centre: Non-Teaching Centre Director Position
PECC is a community managed, not for profit organisation, located in Parkes NSW which has been established for over 65 years. Our dedicated team of 30 teachers and educators are committed to the provision of high-quality early learning and care. PECC is located in a purpose-built facility, catering for 86 licenced places, involving both long day care and preschool funded places.
The successful applicant will lead the Parkes Early Childhood Centre (PECC) team to achieve our purpose and goals in keeping with our Philosophy.
You will role model excellent leadership to bring out the best in your team members, build their capacity and support them in making PECC a safe and engaging place for all children their families and the team. You will source best practice within the organisation and sector, leveraging this to develop your team to deliver high quality education and care provision.
Working closely with your team, you will ensure PECC meets (as a minimum) the National Quality Standards (NQS) and delivers the required business and financial management. You will ensure the centre continues to grow from strength to strength, is competitive, viable, and effectively managed to deliver a quality education program, as well as overseeing occupancy targets to achieve optimal funding, staffing costs, and working within the financial budget.
Hours: Full-time non-teaching position position
Qualifications: Minimum – Bachelor qualification in accordance with ACECQA Approved Early Childhood Teaching Qualifications
- Clear Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance (no older than six months from commencement date)
- DEC approved child protection training certificate
- Acceptance of role of Nominated Supervisor under the Children (Education and Care Services National Law Application) Bill 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management training
Thorough and in-depth knowledge of the:
- Early Years Learning Framework (Birth – 5 years)
- National Quality Standards
- Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Education and Care National Law
- Experience in a senior/management level position in early childhood settings and evidence of having provided inspirational and decisive leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of early childhood education and care centre administrative functions.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and team development skills.
- Ability to over-see development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures.
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite, CCMS system, Xplor or similar).
- Business planning, implementation and evaluation or willingness to undertake further training
Applicants are requested to contact Craig Smith (President PECC) email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an information package prior to submitting an application and if further information is required.
Applications close Friday 14th February 2020
Eugowra Community Children's Centre: Teaching Diirector/Nominated Supervisor
Teaching Director/Nominated Supervisor Eugowra Community Children’s Centre
Permanent/Part Time ( 4 days/week offered for 2020)
Above Award Salary
Located in Eugowra NSW
Eugowra Community Children’s Centre is a community ran, not-for-profit centre providing care for 0-5 year old children. We are committed to providing a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for the children and families of our local community.
About the Role
Reporting to the committee, you will supervise staff and will be responsible for the day to day operations of the centre, including but not limited to:
- Deliver consistent and high quality care in a safe, healthy, productive and fun-filled learning environment
- Develop and implement the educational program to ensure quality learning outcomes are met
- Management of the enrolment process and related documentation
- Provide leadership and guidance to all staff and assist and promote staff development
- Manage staff rosters and their day to day responsibilities
- Ensure the centre is compliant with all state legislation and national standards
- Build and maintain strong relationships with staff members, children, families, and the wider community
- Manage budgets of the centre in conjunction with the committee
- Be involved in community events and groups that the centre has involvement with, which may be outside normal working hours
- Collaborate with the local primary schools
You will have a passion for early learning education and implementing innovative programs and methods that engage staff, children and families, in addition to:
- A Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education/Teaching
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Experience coordinating and administering all aspects of centre governance and financials
- Strong understanding of Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Current National Crime Check
If you are a motivated and enthusiastic leader who meets the above criteria and has the ability to build and maintain strong and meaningful relationships with children, families, staff and the local community we want to hear from you
29th January 2020
How to apply
As part of your application please provide a cover letter (maximum one page) and resume which outline the relevant qualifications and certificates, skills and experience that you may be able to bring to the role.
Please email your application to Jenny Bray, President of Eugowra Community Children’s Centre via email@example.com
For more information about the role please contact Jenny Bray on 0419844214.
Dalaigur Preschool - Director/ Teacher/ Nominated Supervisor
Dalaigur Preschool and Children’s Services operates across two services on the Mid North Coast, providing a vibrant, nurturing and stimulating environment with every child’s well-being at its core.
In 2020 the service will be undergoing significant change affecting staffing arrangements and families. Our values and philosophy ensure our children are encouraged to be confident and caring, developing their own identities within their culture as they approach school life. We maintain the highest possible standard of care with a team of passionate and inspiring educators.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Director to join and lead our team on a full time basis, reporting to Dalaigur’s Management Committee. The Director will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of two services, promoting pedagogical excellence and a high level of professionalism and performance among our staff. The Director will manage the Centre’s budgets with oversight of all financial matters and will ensure the Centre’s brand and image is built in the community and with external stakeholders.
You will have opportunities for professional development and networking opportunities are provided through a strong local Director’s network.
You will be supported in your role by an Administration Assistant and Finance Officer. Children’s Services Employee Collective Agreement 2011.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrable positive record in preschool management at Director level
- Demonstrable positive record in working collaboratively with a management committee
- Demonstrable positive record of leading a team through significant organisational change
- Approved early childhood teaching degree
- Current working with children check
- Sound knowledge of the EYLF, NQF, NQS and other regulations and laws relevant to the sector
- Extensive leadership and staff management experience with the ability to mentor, and develop staff, encouraging a collaborative team environment
- Robust communication skills with the ability to build strong and professional relationships with children, families, support services and other external stakeholders and the broader community
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to form meaningful and respectful relationships with children and families
- Experience of developing and managing a QIP
- Strong computer skills with a sound knowledge of updated technologies as they relate to the sector
- Budget management experience with a high degree of financial and commercial acumen
- Exceptional time management skills
Applications must address each of the selection criteria.
If you are interested in learning more or to apply please contact the Dalaigur Preschool Management Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 20th January 2020.
CCSA provides comprehensive support in governance, management, leadership, business development, compliance and workplace relations. Join CCSA now to benefit from our experience and expertise. We provide assistance and guidance to reduce your operational burden, and give you the confidence that you have accurate and up-to-date information.
Membership of CCSA gives you specialist information and support in governance, management, compliance and workplace relation all at a very reasonable annual rate. Find out how little it will cost for you to access our unlimited support and ensure peace of mind for the decisions you have to make.