View current Positions Vacant in early childhood education and care services from across the sector.
CCSA members can lodge a Positions Vacant Advertisement free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be signed in as a member to place your ad. Advertise
Commmunity Connections Solutions Australia: Operations Manager
Permanent Part Time 23 hrs / week over 4 days in the Blue Mountains
- Not-for-Profit Community Sector
- Leadership role
- Drive Change and Innovation
Community Connections Solutions Australia (CCSA) is a peak organisation based in Katoomba that facilitates quality outcomes for children through the provision of integrated governance and management, workplace relations, and operational information and support to early childhood education and care services. We are a company limited by guarantee and will celebrate our 50th anniversary supporting the Early Childhood Education Sector this year.
We are going through a period of growth and change, including the development of new systems, processes and procedures to support our operations into the future.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager who can help take us to the next level in managing our finance, operations, human resources and customer management systems.
Reporting directly to the CEO and with five direct reports, you will oversee the operations of our four business units. You will have experience in managing the day to day finances of an organisation including budget development, compliance and financial reporting. You will also have an understanding of managing contract-based business and be able to demonstrate experience with developing customer relationship management systems.
This role also manages human resources and information technology as well as providing input to business development.
This is an integral leadership role in a growing organisation with a great team culture. It provides a rare opportunity for a part time management role in a great lifestyle location with a competitive pro-rated salary.
For an application package, please contact Amanda on (02) 4782 1470 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close June 19 2019
Cooranbong Valley Community Preschool: Casual Diploma Qualified Educator
Cooranbong Valley Community Preschool is seeking a Diploma qualified educator for a casual position who has the drive and passion to work in early childhood.
The position will see you support other educators while working with 3 – 5 year-old children.
This is a casual position working flexible hours on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to cover staff absences during N.S.W school terms.
This opportunity will suit someone who is flexible to work on short notice between the hours 9am-3pm.
Skills and experience
• Diploma in Children’s Services
• A current NSW Working with Children Check
• A current First Aid Certificate
Wednesday 31st July 2019
Please contact the Director
Amy Hurd Early Learning Centre: Director
The Management Committee of Amy Hurd Early Learning Centre Inc is seeking the following employee to deliver high quality education and care for children attending our community based Early Education and Care Centre.
Early Childhood Teacher (Bachelor of Education) – Full time.
At Amy Hurd Early Learning Centre we believe that all children should have the very best start in life and strive to deliver the highest quality programs that are tailored to suit the individual needs of each child in our care. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join our team in our 3-5 year old preschool room.
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification.
- Current and valid NSW working with children’s check
- Current HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- NESA accredited Proficient Teacher or Provisional or Conditional accreditation. Essential Criteria:
- Experience working in the Early Education and Care Sector
- Sound knowledge of the NQF, NQS, EYLF, A&R.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with children, families and other professionals to develop programs that reflect current interests, strengths and needs
- Demonstrated evidence of quality documentation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- As Educational Leader you will inspire and motivate, whilst affirming and also challenging or extending the practice and pedagogy of educators.
To obtain further information about this position please contact Tracey Snow, the Director of the Centre on 69226226.
Applications for this position by way of resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above to:
The President Amy Hurd Early Learning Centre Inc
c/o Email: email@example.com
Applications close Friday 21st June
Educational Services (Teachers) Award Wages apply. All positions are subject to applicants satisfactorily completing the employment screening process as detailed in the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 and Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013.
Boorowa Early Education Centre: Director
Be a Nominated Supervisor that lead’s our fabulous team of educators in our expanding Centre. Attractive remuneration package, flexible working conditions and assistance with housing if required.
Contact Sarah Rose on firstname.lastname@example.org for the Position Package and details on how to apply.
Closing date: COB 5th July 2019
Larool Preschool: Early Childhood Teacher/Group Leader
Are you looking for a new beginning? We are looking to find an Early Childhood Teacher/Group Leader with a genuine passion for Early Childhood Education to join our community based pre-school.
Lead your collaborative supportive group team of dedicated and experienced educators to implement a creative play based curriculum for your pre-school class.
Work school terms and get paid during NSW scheduled school holidays in addition to annual leave taken at the end of the year! Part-time 3 day position 8.15am – 4.15pm (Mon/Tues/Wed)
Do you have?
- Experience in a leadership role with a demonstrated dedication to a collaborative team environment
- Ability for the planning, implementation and review of a meaningful and interesting curriculum
- An aptitude for being proactive and acting on guidance
- A strong understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), current pedagogical practices and National Quality Framework (NQF) including the Regulations, National Quality Standards (NQS).
- A commitment to your own ongoing professional development
- A willingness to be open to new and exciting ideas and developments in early childhood education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, children & their families including computer literacy
What’s in it for you?
- Above award wages
- Work school terms
- Professional development opportunities
- Work in a well resourced pre-school
- Friendly and supportive team
- Work for a not for profit pre-school
QUALIFICATIONS *copies to be provided to the Pre-school
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood) (NESA Registered)
- Working with Children Check number
- Approved current Apply First Aid/Asthma/ Anaphylaxis Management Qualification
- ‘Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Significant Harm’ or willingness to attend.
Please email your cover letter including how you meet the above requirements and resume.
Contact Monique for more information: email@example.com OR ph: 9481 9136
Applications close Monday 24th June 2019
Byron Bay Preschool: Non-teaching Director
A rare opportunity to live and work in Byron Bay as full-time Director for our much loved community preschools.
About Byron Bay Preschool:
Byron Bay Preschool is a not for profit, community-based preschool. It is managed by a committee of parents who are the Approved Provider.
Byron Bay Preschool has two centres;
Cavanbah, Byron Bay – 2 units
Coogera, Suffolk Park (approx. a 7 minute drive away) 1 unit, with an additional unit to be completed 2020.
All groups are led by university trained early childhood teachers.
Byron Bay Preschool is a high-quality service dedicated to inclusive practices, social justice issues, collaboration and play-based learning within a community context.
About the role:
The position is a full-time non-teaching role, working across our two centers and with two educational leaders, an administration officer, a team of dedicated and experienced educators, a volunteer committee along with a wide range of culturally diverse families and children.
We are looking for a highly skilled, inspired and competent Director with the strong leadership and managerial experience required to lead, support and manage a team of educators, whilst working closely with families and other professionals to support positive outcomes for children and their families.
You will be proactive and approachable: a genuine people person and self-starter with a passion for delivering excellence in early childhood education. You will acknowledge the value and professionalism in others and support ongoing learning. You will be a confident leader who is able to balance the day-to-day needs of the preschool services and our staff, children and parents, while also supporting the long-term continuous improvement of our education program delivery and centre operations.
You will be competent with technology and able to adapt to changing needs within the organisation, IT demands and the early childhood sector. You will have a natural love of leadership, yet a willingness to work with others in a collaborative approach to continual improvement and problem solving.
SELECTION CRITERIA/ DIRECTOR Byron Bay Preschool
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
Position Title: Centre Director / Nominated Supervisor Byron Bay Preschool, Coogera and Cavanbah
- Early Childhood Education Degree in accordance with ACECQA approved qualifications
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Approved First Aid Qualification that includes first aid, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis management.
- Approved Child Protection Qualification
- At least three years’ experience as a Director
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and Education and Care National Law
- Thorough knowledge of early childhood education and care centre administrative functions.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety & Health management systems.
- Passionate about early childhood education, confident, self-reflective and resilient, a natural leader and team player
- Ability to build and develop a leadership team across the service to develop, deliver and monitor a quality curriculum consistent with the EYLF and NQS.
- Strong, effective and proven leadership experience within an early childhood education setting
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict within a team environment.
- Confidence and experience to monitor and manage staff performance and professional development
- Demonstrable ability to lead in pedagogical matters including curriculum planning and professional development.
- Desirable to have a post graduate/tertiary qualification in leadership.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of technology. Computer literacy eg; MS Office Suite, ECCMS system, Excel or similar
- Act as a change agent and effectively lead and manage change.
- An understanding of a not-for-profit organisation, working with a volunteer committee
- Develop a culture of reflective practice to drive continuous improvement.
- A pro-active approach towards inclusion and collaborating with other professionals and families to create positive outcomes for children.
- Build positive relationships with local service providers and provide pathways for integrated service delivery where possible.
- Effectively foster relationships with all stakeholders, that build the profile of the service within the wider community and with strategic stakeholders.Applications should include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outlining what skills, experience and personal qualities you would bring to the role, and a resume outlining your qualifications, experience and two work-related references.
Closing Date is 14th June 5pm.
Hillston Billylids: Acting Director
Hillston Billylids is a community run, not-for-profit community early learning centre. We are currently seeking applications for an Acting Director to join our team for approx. 10 hours per week for the months of July, August and September 2019.
The Acting Director will be required to ensure the service is operating within our licenced regulations, complete administrative duties, engage with the centre’s families, manage staff rosters and ratios, and report to the management committee.
We would like to hear from you if possess the following:
- A passion for children and early childcare
- An ability to communicate and engage with children and parents
- Proven experience in child care and administrative duties
- A motivated, efficient and observant work manner
- A self-starter and an ability to work in a team
- Willingness to take initiative and accept responsibility
- Ability to conduct yourself with the upmost level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Hold a current working with children’s check
Remuneration to be negotiated based on qualification and experience.
Please forward your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org or 61 Burns Street, Hillston NSW 2675, by close of business Monday 10 June 2019.
For more information please contact Elle on 0428 711 502 or via email
Dover Heights Preschool: Certficate III Educator
We are seeking a Certificate III qualified educator for a full time position who has the drive and passion to work in early childhood. The position will see you support other educators while working with 3 – 5 year old children.
This is a full time position working from 8am – 3:45 pm Monday to Friday, during NSW school terms.
This opportunity will suit someone who is motivated to make a difference. We value initiative and want you to bring your ideas and make a difference in the lives of the children and families at the centre.
Skills and experience
- Certificate III in Children’s Services
- A current NSW Working with Children Check
Benefits and perks
- Small supportive and friendly team
- Exceeding centre
- Paid school Holidays
Pease contact us at email@example.com
CCSA provides comprehensive support in governance, management, leadership, business development, compliance and workplace relations. Join CCSA now to benefit from our experience and expertise. We provide assistance and guidance to reduce your operational burden, and give you the confidence that you have accurate and up-to-date information.
Membership of CCSA gives you specialist information and support in governance, management, compliance and workplace relation all at a very reasonable annual rate. Find out how little it will cost for you to access our unlimited support and ensure peace of mind for the decisions you have to make.