CCSA is pleased to see so much attention on the early childhood sector in the run-up to both the NSW and Federal elections, and applaud that all sides of government are thinking about how to achieve better outcomes for children.
While the focus is on our sector, we can’t miss the opportunity to be heard!
As a sponsor of Early Learning: Everyone Benefits, we are supporting the Everyone Benefits Federal Election Campaign.
The Campaign was officially launched with theis Media Release quoting CCSA CEO Meg Mendham saying “We want to see policies and funding that commits to the provision of quality education for all children, including those in rural and remote locations and Aboriginal communities. We need Government policies and funding committed to increasing quality and improving access.”
While CCSA continues to advocate strongly for our membership and the sector as a whole, as individual services you can have the greatest impact in your local areas.
Follow these steps to have your say:
- Read and share this Political Briefing
- Find your local Member of Parliament or candidate
- Send them an email and ask them to complete a candidate survey
- Invite them to visit your service
- Share this information with your educators, and encourage them to get involved too
- Include this in your newsletters
Our best chance to convince the major parties to prioritise support for the early years is to raise strong voices as a united sector – join us in supporting this campaign.